AIREY AND GUY LIMITED, UNIT 11 POUND BARTON IND ESTATE, SUTTON VENY, BA12 7BT
Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
Airey and Guy Limited is an independent retailer, supplier and installation company of kitchens, bathrooms, fitted bedroom furniture and shutters, including tiling and flooring.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Airey and Guy Limited (company number 09078445) whose registered office is Unit 11 Pound Barton Industrial Estate, Sutton Veny, BA12 7BT.
Data Protection Team
The contact details for our Data Protection Team are as follows:
2.12 01985 840104
2.13 Airey and Guy Limited, Unit 11 Pound Barton Industrial Estate, Sutton Veny, BA12 7BT
2.2 It is the responsibility of the Data Protection Team to keep our organisation and our staff informed and advised about their obligations to comply with data protection laws, to monitor compliance with those laws, to train staff, and to be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose personal data we are processing.
- What kinds of information do we collect and how do we process your personal data?
Airey and Guy Ltd complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
3.2 Airey and Guy Ltd may collect different types of personal data directly from or about you depending on how we make contact. This can include your name, address, telephone number, email and some financial details. You may provide us with any or all of this data on paper, over the phone, or face to face with a member of staff.
3.3 If you are accessing our webpages we may also receive some analytical data from our Internet and webpage service providers. This is anonymous data such as IP addresses, pages visited and time spent on the website.
3.4 In some cases anonymous internet and website data is collected using cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data sent by a web server to collect data from a web browser. It also allows a website to recognise a user and their setting preferences at the next time they visit the website and may allow some features to load more quickly. Most browsers will allow you to turn off or manage cookies. Please note that turning off or refusing to allow cookies from the Airey and Guy website can restrict your use of the website.
- Why do we collect this information and how will we use it?
We collect this personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to deliver goods purchased from us and to provide our installation services to you as our customers;
- To retain purchase history and keep records for any queries relating to past purchases, and to honour warranties and guarantees on goods supplied;
- To manage our employees and subcontractors;
- To maintain and administer our own accounts and records, database and systems;
- To inform you of offers, promotions, notifications, news, events, and services by phone, post or email (that we feel is of benefit to you);
4.2 We also use (where you have given consent) photos of installations to promote our business on our social media websites: Instagram, Facebook and our Airey and Guy website and in local directories or magazines.
- What is the legal basis and legitimate interests for processing your personal data?
When we collect and use your personal information, we will make sure this is done in accordance with at least one of the legal grounds available to us under Data Protection law.
- We obtain your explicit consent to your personal data so that we can keep you informed about scheduling of work, developments and services.
- We obtain your consent to use your personal information for a previously notified purpose, such as to provide you with a product or information at your request.
- We have an obligation to hold and process data for the necessary performance of a contract to which you (the data subject) is party or in order to take steps at the request of you (the data subject) prior to entering into a contract.
5.2 Airey and Guy Limited will generally process your personal data for contractual necessity in providing our products and services or its legitimate interests. Airey and Guy Limited will use personal information for additional relevant purposes where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by your own interests or fundamental rights or freedoms.
The law calls this “Legitimate Interests” condition for processing. Where we rely on it, the benefits being pursued are:
- To monitor, analyse and improve our services and websites, including enhancing and personalising your customer service.
- Complying with/ supporting compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Internal Training purposes.
- To maintain our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details and preferences.
- To assist with queries, complaints and dispute resolution; including transmission of enquiries to suppliers) to purchase/ obtain replacement goods on your behalf.
- To improve data accuracy and completeness- when you apply for our services you may supply us with additional information about yourself which we will use to improve our data accuracy and completeness.
- To monitor who we deal with for the purpose of quality assurance and training and to protect our business from fraud and other risks.
5.3 In all cases, we balance our legitimate interests against your rights as an individual and make sure that we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this Policy and that it does not intrude on your privacy or previously expressed marketing materials.
5.4 Where we process sensitive personal data (as mentioned above), we will make sure that we only do so in accordance with one of the lawful grounds for processing such as where we have your explicit consent or you have made that information manifestly public.
5.5 If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email to inform you of offers, notifications, news, products, events and services. By opting in to email communication from Airey and Guy, you grant us the right to use the email for email marketing purposes.
5.6 If you provide us with your postal address and telephone number we will send you direct mail or telephone you about our work, if you have consented to receiving these communications. If you have asked us for information and not opted out of communication with us, we may still contact you by post, see Legal Basis and Legitimate Interests.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Airey and Guy in order to carry out our services or for purposes connected with Airey and Guy. We will never sell your data to other organisations for their own marketing purposes. The only time we may share your data is in the following circumstances:
- Where we must comply with laws such as those for national security, taxation, or criminal investigations.
- How do we store and dispose of this information and for how long do we keep your personal data?
We will hold your data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes to which it is provided to us. As our manufacturers guarantees vary in duration, we can hold associated paperwork for up to 15 years after the calendar year to which they relate. Airey and Guy takes appropriate actions to make sure that the data we hold about you, whether that is on paper or electronically in a computer file or database, is stored securely. We will dispose of unnecessary personal data using secure deletion methods (electronic) or shredding.
- Your rights– how you can manage or delete the personal information we hold
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request access to a copy of your personal data which Airey and Guy, Sutton Veny holds about you;
- The right to request that Airey and Guy will correct (edit and update) any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request erasure (deletion) of the personal data that Airey and Guy holds about you; or where it is no longer necessary for Airey and Guy, Sutton Veny to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the collection and processing of your personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – Information Commissioners Office.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please notify the Airey and Guy Data Protection Team using the contact details set out in Section 2 above. Please include the words DATA PRIVACY REQUEST in the subject line of your email or at the top of your letter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Updated: 18th May 2018.